How can we makeover our lives so that we're no longer comfortable with being financially incapable of making our dreams come true is a question I often ask God. Most of us are far from being the little kids who live carefree in the urban jungle. However, as first generation/second generation achievers occupying the middle class, we aren't too far from being sucked back into the pit of poverty and defeat that we escaped from. In actuality, we are not leaps away from whence we came, but perhaps maybe a paycheck or two from our old stomping grounds.
When we look back over our lives, we could point out a few obstacles that caused us to back slide to the point of no return in our finances. Perhaps it was the credit cards we collected as college students, the educational loans we used for education, housing and living expenses or the fact that we over expended ourselves on credit to live as fabulously as we could. Eventually we learn that the endless cycle of spending, swiping and paying interest instead of earning it didn't help us upgrade our lives. But it kept us indebted to everyone so much so that we don't live our blessed lives for ourselves.
If life as you know it is good enough for you, then keep swiping, spending and pretending that you're in complete control over your financial destiny. But if you want to reclaim your finances, the following are 5 changes to make to achieve rich girl coincidence.
1. Adjust your attitude about money. You can do anything successfully by having the right attitude. Attitude determines your altitude because thoughts are things that either help you or hurt you. So if you think good thoughts about money, you attract those things that will help you make more money.
2. Visualize what you want out of life and write down the necessary steps that it will take to get to the finish line. Always remember, without a vision, your hopes die, dreams die and you become so consumed by debt that you start praying that you die. So regardless of what you're going through, keep your eyes on the prize that's only manifested through the price of sacrifice.
3. Develop a financial plan to ensure that you do whatever you can to make your dreams come true. Spending just for the sake of spending is counterproductive because it will keep you in debt whereby you are counting your coins to see if you have just enough instead of appreciating that you are worthy of having more than enough to go where you want to go and do what you want to do. In the alternative, being picky and choosy about what you will and won't spend your money ensures you have more for the greater things in life.
4. Make decisions that will help you achieve your vision of financial success instead of throwing away long term goals for a fleeting temptation that passes as quickly as a twinkling star in the night. Good, bad or indifferent, you're more than enough to live the life you choose to live. So instead of getting side-tracked by every little shoe, bag, outfit or hard-to-refuse opportunity, ask yourself whether your choice will help you or hurt you in the long-run to living a fabulous life.
5. Treat yourself throughout the in between. Trust me, only a few can stick with a Dave Ramsey debt-reduction plan wherein all of your coins is used towards getting out of debt. And while it may be right, it may not not be right for you. So as you make progress towards changing your money mindset, set milestones for your just because reward.
Just know, nothing in life comes easy, but you must do whatever you must to earn your coins, protect your coins and become a good steward with your coins to achieve Rich Girl Coinfidence with your coins. Ready to make shifts happen for you?
The Boss Builder, Toni Moore, Esquire, is an author, speaker and coach who leverages her skills, knowledge, abilities to help women gain coinfidence about the ability to increase, maintain and protect their coins. Stay connected!
Toni Moore, Esq.
Toni is an attorney and business coach who is committed to helping women uplevel their success.
All Budget Business Career Goals Coach College Dreams Estate Plan Girls Inspiration Law Leadership Life Balance Mission-driven Money Motivation Oprah Winfrey Personal Finance Pursuing Dreams Rat Race Scholarship Spiritual Balance Strategy Success Wealth Women Women Business Women Empowerment